Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This photo is old, but shows the meaning and feelings behind tattoos well.

'I just got back from my family's annual Thanksgiving meal in south Georgia. While my family was all together I noticed a new tattoo on my sister-in-law's body that I'd never seen before. It's a line from Milan Kundera's Immortality: I have a strong will to love you for eternity.'

"I have a strong will to love you until eternity" meaning, I will love you from the first day until the last and all the days in between - when I do not want to love you and even when I find it too hard to even look at you. I will have a strong will to get through these times and love you - until eternity".
I LOVE WORDS MORE THAN EVER
My X sister in law is an amazing artist. I cherish each person I've met in my life like her. She mainly focuses on photography. But I promise you, anything she touches with her hands turns into gold. SOMETIMES a photo journalist/ diarist is so RIGHT ON it changes the course of others lives. Without ever knowing it.

I think my next series is going to be...'Kitchens I Used To Know Well'
After my heavily tattooed people.
January 10 TH. Pink Line Project presents Lisa Marie Thalhammer and DECOY
bring'n art back to 14TH st. like no girls have brought it before!

PLUS
DECOY solo SHOW at THE FRIDGE
OPENING with DECOY
march 20

SUPER EXTRA FUN BONUS
I used to have a 'Every Thursday' new belly drawing page. It was lame and fun. It didn't last long, but it shows the tat off well. Drawings by OWEL.

1 comment:

kingrani said...

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart saree offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart mobile phone Offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart bank Offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart deals You will get upto 75% Discount
Flipkart is one of the biggest world wide eCommerce Site so here you will getFlipkart bank offersso

Flipkart is one of the biggest world wide eCommerce Site flipkart cashback offersso