Thursday, December 11, 2008

Matt Sesow OPEN STUDIO ... DECEMBER 2008: DC:


SATURDAY DECEMBER 13th (12 noon until 6PM)
Come visit Matt Sesow's studio in Adams Morgan, DC...
matt will have 100's of paintings available for inspection...
complimentary refreshments will be served.
no RSVP needed, just show up...

I cannot tell you how fun I think these artist open studios are. If you are an art lover, and know the person's work I don't see why you wouldn't go? They are opening up their home/ work space for you visit, meet closely with the artist and see tons of new works, works in progress. You really get an amazing sense of the artist and his/ her daily inspirations. It really makes for a fun Saturday afternoon. PLUS! maybe this guy will be there!
Some friends and I had gone to his girl's open studio last week, who is also a DC artist: Dana Ellyn. My friend bought the piece of hers that i had previously obsessed over. So, of course I had to find a new one to fall in love with. Not hard.

This is Matt and Dana at last years Transformer art auction. For some reason I always thought this was a really nice picture of them...wonder why?

No comments: