Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life is nothing if you're not obsessed.

Pecker is a 1998 comedy film directed by John Waters, starring Edward Furlong and Christina Ricci. It was filmed and set, like most of John Waters films, in Baltimore's Hampden neighborhood. The film examines the rise to fame and potential fortune of a budding photographer.

I am a HUGE John Waters fan, and LOVE the movie Pecker.

One of the most memorable quotes from the movie is Memama, talking through her Mary ventriloquist dummy, Full of grace! Full of grace!

I always get excited when I hear about an open studio. An artist opening up their work space to the public is such a neat thing I think. Some museums have recreated artist studios in the museums exact piece by piece after their deaths. These spaces are usually really inspirational. I was so excited when I started seeing cards around town for Dana Ellyn's open studio.

This SATURDAY
December 6th, 12-6pm
Dana Ellyn's Open Studio - Washington, DC

You are invited to drop by my studio any time THIS Saturday between noon and 6pm. Say hey, check out the wall to wall, floor to ceiling and boxes full of paintings, and indulge in some home-made baked goods, snacks and yummy beverages.

You will see my most recent paintings, my semi-recent paintings (like my collection of paintings & drawings from my trip to China in July '08) and discover some yet-to-be-sold treasures from years past.

No need to RSVP. Please feel free to spread the word and bring your friends. The more the merrier.

Dana Ellyn's Studio
916 G Street, NW
#304
Washington, DC 20001
202-737-6161
If coming by metro, you can get off at Gallery Place (red/yellow/green) or Metro Center (red/blue/yellow). From Gallery Place, exit towards “Galleries” which will put you on my corner, at 9th & G. From Metro Center, exit toward “11th Street” which is the corner of 11th & G. When you arrive at the building, use the phone outside to look me up by last name (Ellyn) and dial the access code (0304) to be buzzed in.
MAP: http://www.danaellyn.com/map.gif

I first saw this piece on Dana's website. She has this really cute section on it called "Best Of". There I fell in love with-Mary's Mouthpiece (Full of Grace). I then saw it in person at the Adams Morgan Fair. Super Cute. If I were to buy art this weekend, I would buy this piece.

No comments: