Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Little Prince

...In the book it said: "Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole, without chewing it. After that they are not able to move, and they sleep through the six months that they need for digestion."
I pondered deeply, then, over the adventures of the jungle. And after some work with a colored pencil I succeeded in making my first drawing. My Drawing Number One. It looked something like this:

I showed my masterpiece to the grown-ups, and asked them whether the drawing frightened them.
But they answered: "Frighten? Why should any one be frightened by a hat?"
My drawing was not a picture of a hat. It was a picture of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant. But since the grown-ups were not able to understand it, I made another drawing: I drew the inside of a boa constrictor, so that the grown-ups could see it clearly. They always need to have things explained. My Drawing Number Two looked like this...
My mother says the only music her father ever bought her was a Beetles album, and the only book he ever bought her was The Little Prince.

After my first date/ encounter with a boyfriend in college...he ordered me a hard back copy of The Little Prince with a 'note' and had it delivered to my college mail box. I don't know if you remember being a freshman in college. Or if you remember your college mail box. Plus the joy of getting a package in college. And it was from a boy...but this one really swept me off my feet. It was super cute. Still is.

2 comments:

kingrani said...

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart saree offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart mobile phone Offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart bank Offers You will get upto 75% Discount

Flipkart is Offering Cashback Offers Flipkart deals You will get upto 75% Discount
Flipkart is one of the biggest world wide eCommerce Site so here you will getFlipkart bank offersso

Flipkart is one of the biggest world wide eCommerce Site flipkart cashback offersso

krishna said...



flipkart citibank
flipkart citibank offer
flipkart citibank credit card offer
flipkart citibank offer 2018
flipkart citibank offer august 2018
citibank india flipkart offer
flipkart citibank rewards points
flipkart citibank cashback offer
flipkart citibank offer 2019
flipkart citibank card offer
citibank flipkart 10x
citibank flipkart voucher
flipkart and citibank offer
flipkart citibank 10 cashback offer
flipkart citibank cash back
flipkart citibank cashback
flipkart citibank offer 2017
flipkart citibank offer december 2017
flipkart citibank offer jan 2018
flipkart citibank offer terms and conditions
flipkart offer with citibank
citibank flipkart 2018
citibank flipkart gift card
flipkart big billion day citibank offer
flipkart citi cash back
flipkart citibank 10 cashback
flipkart citibank cashback 2018
flipkart citibank emi offer
flipkart citibank freedom sale
flipkart citibank offer freedom sale
flipkart citibank offer january 2018
flipkart citibank offer october 2017
flipkart citibank offer today
flipkart citibank republic day
flipkart citibank terms and conditions
flipkart debit card emi citibank
flipkart freedom sale citibank offer
flipkart gift voucher citibank
flipkart iphone 8 citibank
flipkart iphone citibank offer