Friday, March 6, 2009

BORF! always a pleasure


Tonight I met up with an old friend and we went to see the BORF! movie that was part of the DC Independent Film Festival. As always I was super excited to see more on or about BORF. If you don't know the whole story, I'd tell you to LEARN. In my eyes BORF has always been for a good cause and has a public/ personal story, which is what I always love about art...getting to know the real reason of why the artist created their work...I do not know how a new BORF piece up in your hood couldn't have made it a special day for you...I know it always did for me.

In 2004 a wave of stenciled graffiti swept the country, sparking frustration and curiosity nation wide. For John Tsombikos (the artist behind the Borf Graffiti), his regret over the loss of a friend had turned into a street fight, which he defended with a can of spray paint and a cardboard cutout of his best friend, Borf.

BORF!
Production Company:
Bobby Fisher Memorial Foundation

List of Director's Previous Films:
Cucharas Notes from a Restless Mind Head

Director's Biography:
Paris Bustillos is a Television Production teacher.

DC Filmmaker

Number of Films Directed: 3

Past DCIFF Filmmaker

No comments: